“I know that you’ve been too busy” Alex says, pacing. He’s been staying up
late and last night just didn’t go the way he’d planned. “Do you think
it’s worthwhile? Is that why you won't join me?”
That question takes him by surprise. He doesn’t answer right away.
“I’m bored.” He admits, finally “Elizabeth is thriving with this stability,
but I am not. My headaches are more frequent. A few years ago, I would have
thrown a party for a week or two, but that’s hardly practical now.”
She listens carefully before responding. "I thought the parties were for when you were feeling really bad and -- I thought they led to more headaches, not less."
Mia hops up on the counter next to him. "If you need a party, then throw a party. Rent a house or something for a couple weeks, it doesn't have to be here. Then Liz still gets stability and you can go over to the party house as much as you want."
She pauses, looking down. "Janie said you were unhappy, and everyone at work is posting pictures of you looking sad. I thought maybe..." She takes a deep breath. "I thought maybe it had something to do with me."
“I will do so” Alex said, to Mia, turning his attention to her
“You make me happy” He admitted “Your friendship, having you live nearby,
the fact that our girls are so close...”
There was something else, that he didn’t want to say , but since they were
talking anyway, he decided to go for it.
“I’m usually upset over my game, but I have wondered why you... are less
present than before. I worried I overstepped a boundary and you didn’t
tell me for some reason. If I’ve done that, I apologize from the bottom of
my heart. I also recognize that I’ve been somewhat distant. Partly, my
game, but the majority is due to headaches and trying to focus on
functioning normally. Teaching, helping the resettlers, learning how the
world actually works.”
"You didn't overstep," she says very quietly. "It's me, it's not you. I just haven't been in the mood. I think I finally figured out why."
But she doesn't elaborate. There's a long silence. Alex would know by now, either through his ability or just knowing her, that any long pauses like this during a serious conversation usually mean she's scared to or doesn't want to admit something outloud. Usually because it makes her vulnerable, or she feels more vulnerable once someone else knows, or she feels it makes her look weaker.
She gives a light chuckle at his store comment, wanting to delay this, yet feeling sick inside the longer she goes without saying it. "That's a first."
There's another shorter pause before she starts to slowly explain. "I've always been clear about how we're not exclusive. I've never tried to hide that or deceive you about that. But I do make sure you don't ever... see any evidence of it. Cause I know I wouldn't want to see it. But I'm afraid that one day you will see -- really see, with your own eyes -- just how not exclusive we are -- and you'll quit, or break things off, or not wanna see me anymore.
"I started to feel guilty about sleeping with other people, or even wanting to sleep with them. And I know I have no reason to. But I did anyway. And then I started to feel guilty about sleeping with you while I'm sleeping with other people. So I've felt too guilty to sleep with anybody. But if I sleep with you, I have to sleep with other people, because..." Mia trails off, forcing herself to continue, feeling vulnerable even though it's Alex. "I can't risk getting any closer to you," she finishes in a whisper.
“I am aware of our arrangement” Alex says, realizing where the conversation
is going. “I- Seeing you with someone else does make me jealous. You are
quite beautiful, and friendly, and everything else that I could want “
He was quiet. Really, really quiet.
“You’re my best friend. Every bone in my body is telling me to find some
way to keep you close, but I can’t. You’re not one to be tied down, and my
baggage would drown anyone. “ He hops down and walks to the fridge to get a
beer “Our friendship?”
Mia hops down too and follows him. "Our friendship is always there. It's just the... benefits part of it that I'm having stupid trouble with right now. I want things to go back to the way they were, Alex, believe me. I just... I'm afraid. That you'll bail or get too jealous or call it quits."
She bites her bottom lip. "I don't mind being close to you. I just can't be too close. To anyone."
No... something's off. She doesn't smile, doesn't even react to the napkin. She's looking at him, frowning.
"That's not... quite... I don't want you to call off the benefits either. Not permanently. That's not what I'm doing." This feels like it's going wrong.
“I’m getting too close as well” Alex admitted “But I’m also aware that you
have your own needs. I’d rather know you were happy and comfortable, and if
that means no more benefits, then it’s fine. If you need space, that’s
fine.
For you, the option of more is always available” he took a sip of his beer,
not sure if he’s completely messed things up.
“But if I want to punch someone for taking a long look at you, then perhaps
I’m too possessive, since I cannot be exclusive with anyone. “
What he doesn't say is very clear. She always has the option of more with him, but he doesn't with her.
"I was afraid I'd hurt you but that's exactly what I'm doing with this conversation," she realizes, bitter at herself. "I'm real good at accidentally sabotaging relationships."
She moves close to him, ignoring the beers. "My needs? What I need, what I really want, I can't have. So I do the next best thing, and it's messed me up. Alex, I can't get too close. I've told you why. I don't do relationships healthy. You didn't see how bad I was after John. You don't know how close I came to nearly killing myself more than once. You have to understand that's why I can't get too close to anyone again, no matter how much I might want to. Cause I don't do it right. And when things end, like they always do, I go into the worst tailspin and have the worst crash landing. I might not survive the next one."
She listens to him carefully, softening her tone somewhat. "If there's someone else that comes along you want to have a relationship with, then don't let me stop you. I don't want to keep you from something that could make you happy. Happier. Force knows I'm not doing it right now." She sounds a little sad that she can't even do that much.
He was hurt. It was so clear, to anyone. “You’re really good at a lot of
things, but you have not sabotaged this relationship. We are friends “
Alex breathes in deeply, closed his eyes for a moment. “We already got too
close, Mia. If this is how we... handle this sort of situation. It’s
already too late. But you’ll survive. “
He looked at Mia, trying to make a memory, taking every detail in.
“We will still have fun together. I hope to critique your outfit before a
date one day. As for me, I’m an eligible bachelor. I should be able to find
a few dates quite easily.
Samantha, before it all went to hell, once said that we rarely know when
the last time for something would be, and that we had to enjoy life. We
had to live it. We ran off together after that.
I crashed my car after she-“ Alex was looking at his beer “Nevermind. Mia,
enjoy it. Go out there and don’t worry about me. Sad Alex is just a meme,
a snapshot. It’s a moment, and I don’t want to be defined by a shot taken
on a cellphone. “
It hurts to see she's hurt him. She'll try to hug him, if he'll let her.
"What are you talking about? We're handling it fine, like two adults who are talking about changes in a relationship. We're not screaming, we're not fighting, no one's insulting each other and no one's storming out angry and slamming doors. No one's turned manipulative or anything. We're handling it just right. Except for the fact I've hurt you."
She shakes her head. "You're an idiot, you know that? Why are you acting like this is the end? Do you want it to be the end? What exactly do you want? Do you want it to be an ultimatum? We're exclusive romantically or we're only friends? Nothing in between?" She swallows hard, afraid that's right. "I'm not leaving and of course I'll worry about you. Why are you acting like I want to leave?"
He lets her hug him, but then pushes away. “I’m hurt because you want to
leave.”
His words hang on the air for a moment. “All I have ever wanted was for you
to be happy. I don’t care what the terms of that are.
You want us to be without benefits, and you want to go back to space.
You’re leaving. I do not want this to be over, I love what we have, but
clearly it is. Things are changing. I want to be okay with this but it
takes some time. It takes adjustment.
When you are home, we can watch movies on my couch, or yours, and that’s an
easy change. When you’re in space, and you’re my friend- that’s somehow
different. It’s emotional and physical distance, it’s harder, Mia, and it
feels like a breakup. The last person who broke up with me killed her self
to get away. So, if you want to go- I want you happy and not... dead. I
don’t want to pressure you or do anything to make you feel obligated.”
He didn’t plan to say that, and makes a point to put a distance between
himself and Mia.
“I’m so sorry. I’m-“ he turns away, ready to leave before remembering that
he was in his house
It's hard for her to hear all that, and she lets him pull away. She's quiet as she processes everything he's said.
"I have to remember not everyone's used to the life I am. It's not leaving. Think of it as like a... a work trip. I'll be gone a week or two a month, and you can come with me sometimes if you still want. And I'll almost always be reachable. And I told you, I want to go back to the physical part of our relationship. I'm just feeling guilty cause I know you have feelings for me that are stronger than the ones I have for you and I haven't wanted you to get hurt."
She'd tried to head off him getting hurt by having this conversation. Instead, she made him be hurt anyway.
"Things are changing, yeah. I won't say that they're not. But me planet hopping and traveling is who I am. I just haven't been able to do it since I met you. I've been on plenty of missions before for Nexus though, I've been gone a lot, and worked long hours. This is just... this is the same thing but more close to what I want and need for my life. I need you too. And I want to make sure this works for you too. So tell me what I can do so that what we have works for you too and doesn't feel like a breakup."
“I don’t know” Alex says, after thinking for a long moment. “There are no
easy answers to this Mia, but please be assured that I am always here for
you as a friend. Please, enjoy your travels. I would like to tag along at
some point.
You’ve found what works for you, and that makes me happy”
He spoke the truth, but really didn’t know how to normalize what was
happening.
"Okay," she nods slowly, not really speaking in agreement so much as she's trying to process this too.
"Look, me taking trips to other planets or a Nexus mission to a hell dimension is no different than you going to England on family business or going on a dig. I'm not leaving, leaving. I'm coming back. I know you think you're somehow too damaged to be in a relationship with, or like you have too much baggage, but that's just stupid. You don't have too much baggage. Everyone has baggage. And your wife could've left anytime. From what I've heard, she was mean and she didn't deserve you or Liz. Her... her death was because she was reckless, not because she wanted to get away. Don't think that I'm trying to get away from you. Okay? That's not what this is. I just have to make sure you know that. And that I'm not giving up on us."
“She would tell me that she wanted more in life, that she never wanted to
be a wife or a mother... and that we were married because she owed me for
saving her life” Alex revealed “That is why I cannot let myself get that
involved again. That is why I’m trying to let you go. No one should hold
back because of me, or stay because they feel obligated.
No one should be with anyone out of obligation, or if they don’t want to
be.
I want to be with you because you’re funny, and interesting. You’re
talented and your work ethic is amazing. You have a big heart, and inspire
others to do good. You’re beautiful.
Perhaps you are correct, but... I will try to see it as part of normal
life. It will take some adjustment on my part. Please don’t worry about me
finding someone. My family would take care of that, if they knew I was on
the market. “.
Alex still had a little sadness behind his eyes, but he seemed like he was
okay othersise.
"She was an emotionally manipulative bitch who could have left at any time if she really wanted to, and she didn't deserve you," Mia says fiercely, then her tone softens a little. "I don't spend time with you cause I feel obligated. If I felt obligated, we'd be having sex right now. If I felt obligated, I wouldn't be restarting my smuggling and freelancer jobs that take me away more often. Am I gonna miss you? Of course, but maybe... it'll be good for us. We can regroup and figure out how we want to go forward."
She's not sure what to say about all those compliments though. "I'm not that good of a person," she half-mutters. "You're a better person than I am. You deserve people who love you and care about you. You're the most generous person I know, and people should give something back to you for a change."
"Yeah, we do," she agrees, though she looks a little sad too.
"I'm not supposed to be that good of a person, and I'm more selfish than I think you realize." She bites her lip, looking torn. "Can I hug you?" she asks haltingly. He had just pulled away a minute ago.
“Don’t worry about my happiness, Mia. It’s my responsibility. I’ll throw a
party and everything will be fine. “ He was pushing her away. Alex just
wanted to get far, far away and process everything.
It wouldn't make everything fine, but it would be a start. She steps back, towards her phone. "Okay, I'll um. I guess this means our usual get togethers are cancelled, for now?"
"No, I don't want to cancel," she says quickly. "Just, if you wanted to, I would... well I would respect that. But if you're okay still hanging out we should still do that." She swallows hard.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 07:14 am (UTC)You're not happy?
no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 07:17 am (UTC)Three weeks, for what? I was abandoned! What else should I have done?
no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 07:21 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 07:38 am (UTC)“I know that you’ve been too busy” Alex says, pacing. He’s been staying up late and last night just didn’t go the way he’d planned. “Do you think it’s worthwhile? Is that why you won't join me?”
no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 08:18 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 08:22 am (UTC)“Yet you refuse to play” Alex sighed. “I apologize, Mia. I’ve been so consumed with beating this level, and now it’s all over. “
He finally looks at her, now worried. “Did you get me text?”
no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 03:33 pm (UTC)"I haven't refused to play, I've just been busy," she says, feeling it's a bit of a lame excuse. "But if it's that important to you..."
no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 03:41 pm (UTC)“I’ll have to level you up” Alex says, somewhat distracted “And we have to start the stage over”
He doesn’t step any closer to Mia, even though he wants to. Instead he grabs his phone and checks something.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 03:48 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 04:09 pm (UTC)That question takes him by surprise. He doesn’t answer right away.
“I’m bored.” He admits, finally “Elizabeth is thriving with this stability, but I am not. My headaches are more frequent. A few years ago, I would have thrown a party for a week or two, but that’s hardly practical now.”
no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 04:16 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 04:27 pm (UTC)Alex put his phone down before taking a seat on the counter.
“The parties are a huge, nearly endless supply of happiness” he explained. “That’s why I had so many of them. Occasionally, they’ll get worse.
I need to... perhaps go on a dig”
no subject
Date: 2018-06-20 04:36 pm (UTC)She pauses, looking down. "Janie said you were unhappy, and everyone at work is posting pictures of you looking sad. I thought maybe..." She takes a deep breath. "I thought maybe it had something to do with me."
no subject
Date: 2018-06-22 11:55 pm (UTC)“I will do so” Alex said, to Mia, turning his attention to her
“You make me happy” He admitted “Your friendship, having you live nearby, the fact that our girls are so close...”
There was something else, that he didn’t want to say , but since they were talking anyway, he decided to go for it.
“I’m usually upset over my game, but I have wondered why you... are less present than before. I worried I overstepped a boundary and you didn’t tell me for some reason. If I’ve done that, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I also recognize that I’ve been somewhat distant. Partly, my game, but the majority is due to headaches and trying to focus on functioning normally. Teaching, helping the resettlers, learning how the world actually works.”
no subject
Date: 2018-06-23 02:03 am (UTC)But she doesn't elaborate. There's a long silence. Alex would know by now, either through his ability or just knowing her, that any long pauses like this during a serious conversation usually mean she's scared to or doesn't want to admit something outloud. Usually because it makes her vulnerable, or she feels more vulnerable once someone else knows, or she feels it makes her look weaker.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-23 02:26 am (UTC)“Why is it?” Alex asked, gently. He wasn’t sure he wanted the answer, but there they were.
“Normally I’d say that I had something for you, but I haven’t been to the store lately”
no subject
Date: 2018-06-23 02:47 am (UTC)There's another shorter pause before she starts to slowly explain. "I've always been clear about how we're not exclusive. I've never tried to hide that or deceive you about that. But I do make sure you don't ever... see any evidence of it. Cause I know I wouldn't want to see it. But I'm afraid that one day you will see -- really see, with your own eyes -- just how not exclusive we are -- and you'll quit, or break things off, or not wanna see me anymore.
"I started to feel guilty about sleeping with other people, or even wanting to sleep with them. And I know I have no reason to. But I did anyway. And then I started to feel guilty about sleeping with you while I'm sleeping with other people. So I've felt too guilty to sleep with anybody. But if I sleep with you, I have to sleep with other people, because..." Mia trails off, forcing herself to continue, feeling vulnerable even though it's Alex. "I can't risk getting any closer to you," she finishes in a whisper.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-23 03:22 am (UTC)“I am aware of our arrangement” Alex says, realizing where the conversation is going. “I- Seeing you with someone else does make me jealous. You are quite beautiful, and friendly, and everything else that I could want “
He was quiet. Really, really quiet.
“You’re my best friend. Every bone in my body is telling me to find some way to keep you close, but I can’t. You’re not one to be tied down, and my baggage would drown anyone. “ He hops down and walks to the fridge to get a beer “Our friendship?”
no subject
Date: 2018-06-23 04:16 am (UTC)She bites her bottom lip. "I don't mind being close to you. I just can't be too close. To anyone."
no subject
Date: 2018-06-23 04:27 am (UTC)“Just friends it is” Alex offered Mia a beer. “I promise to always be your friend. I will not call that off.”
He was hurt, deeply. More than he’d ever let Mia know. Alex cared for her, maybe even loved her. He just wanted her to smile.
So he tossed a balled up napkin in her direction and smiled.
“I’m going to start planning for the party. Perhaps we can chat later?”
no subject
Date: 2018-06-23 07:28 am (UTC)"That's not... quite... I don't want you to call off the benefits either. Not permanently. That's not what I'm doing." This feels like it's going wrong.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-23 02:28 pm (UTC)“I’m getting too close as well” Alex admitted “But I’m also aware that you have your own needs. I’d rather know you were happy and comfortable, and if that means no more benefits, then it’s fine. If you need space, that’s fine.
For you, the option of more is always available” he took a sip of his beer, not sure if he’s completely messed things up.
“But if I want to punch someone for taking a long look at you, then perhaps I’m too possessive, since I cannot be exclusive with anyone. “
no subject
Date: 2018-06-24 12:06 am (UTC)"I was afraid I'd hurt you but that's exactly what I'm doing with this conversation," she realizes, bitter at herself. "I'm real good at accidentally sabotaging relationships."
She moves close to him, ignoring the beers. "My needs? What I need, what I really want, I can't have. So I do the next best thing, and it's messed me up. Alex, I can't get too close. I've told you why. I don't do relationships healthy. You didn't see how bad I was after John. You don't know how close I came to nearly killing myself more than once. You have to understand that's why I can't get too close to anyone again, no matter how much I might want to. Cause I don't do it right. And when things end, like they always do, I go into the worst tailspin and have the worst crash landing. I might not survive the next one."
She listens to him carefully, softening her tone somewhat. "If there's someone else that comes along you want to have a relationship with, then don't let me stop you. I don't want to keep you from something that could make you happy. Happier. Force knows I'm not doing it right now." She sounds a little sad that she can't even do that much.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-24 12:34 am (UTC)He was hurt. It was so clear, to anyone. “You’re really good at a lot of things, but you have not sabotaged this relationship. We are friends “
Alex breathes in deeply, closed his eyes for a moment. “We already got too close, Mia. If this is how we... handle this sort of situation. It’s already too late. But you’ll survive. “
He looked at Mia, trying to make a memory, taking every detail in.
“We will still have fun together. I hope to critique your outfit before a date one day. As for me, I’m an eligible bachelor. I should be able to find a few dates quite easily.
Samantha, before it all went to hell, once said that we rarely know when the last time for something would be, and that we had to enjoy life. We had to live it. We ran off together after that.
I crashed my car after she-“ Alex was looking at his beer “Nevermind. Mia, enjoy it. Go out there and don’t worry about me. Sad Alex is just a meme, a snapshot. It’s a moment, and I don’t want to be defined by a shot taken on a cellphone. “
no subject
Date: 2018-06-24 01:00 am (UTC)"What are you talking about? We're handling it fine, like two adults who are talking about changes in a relationship. We're not screaming, we're not fighting, no one's insulting each other and no one's storming out angry and slamming doors. No one's turned manipulative or anything. We're handling it just right. Except for the fact I've hurt you."
She shakes her head. "You're an idiot, you know that? Why are you acting like this is the end? Do you want it to be the end? What exactly do you want? Do you want it to be an ultimatum? We're exclusive romantically or we're only friends? Nothing in between?" She swallows hard, afraid that's right. "I'm not leaving and of course I'll worry about you. Why are you acting like I want to leave?"
no subject
Date: 2018-06-24 01:18 am (UTC)He lets her hug him, but then pushes away. “I’m hurt because you want to leave.”
His words hang on the air for a moment. “All I have ever wanted was for you to be happy. I don’t care what the terms of that are.
You want us to be without benefits, and you want to go back to space. You’re leaving. I do not want this to be over, I love what we have, but clearly it is. Things are changing. I want to be okay with this but it takes some time. It takes adjustment.
When you are home, we can watch movies on my couch, or yours, and that’s an easy change. When you’re in space, and you’re my friend- that’s somehow different. It’s emotional and physical distance, it’s harder, Mia, and it feels like a breakup. The last person who broke up with me killed her self to get away. So, if you want to go- I want you happy and not... dead. I don’t want to pressure you or do anything to make you feel obligated.”
He didn’t plan to say that, and makes a point to put a distance between himself and Mia.
“I’m so sorry. I’m-“ he turns away, ready to leave before remembering that he was in his house
no subject
Date: 2018-06-24 01:28 am (UTC)"I have to remember not everyone's used to the life I am. It's not leaving. Think of it as like a... a work trip. I'll be gone a week or two a month, and you can come with me sometimes if you still want. And I'll almost always be reachable. And I told you, I want to go back to the physical part of our relationship. I'm just feeling guilty cause I know you have feelings for me that are stronger than the ones I have for you and I haven't wanted you to get hurt."
She'd tried to head off him getting hurt by having this conversation. Instead, she made him be hurt anyway.
"Things are changing, yeah. I won't say that they're not. But me planet hopping and traveling is who I am. I just haven't been able to do it since I met you. I've been on plenty of missions before for Nexus though, I've been gone a lot, and worked long hours. This is just... this is the same thing but more close to what I want and need for my life. I need you too. And I want to make sure this works for you too. So tell me what I can do so that what we have works for you too and doesn't feel like a breakup."
no subject
Date: 2018-06-28 02:48 am (UTC)“I don’t know” Alex says, after thinking for a long moment. “There are no easy answers to this Mia, but please be assured that I am always here for you as a friend. Please, enjoy your travels. I would like to tag along at some point.
You’ve found what works for you, and that makes me happy”
He spoke the truth, but really didn’t know how to normalize what was happening.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-28 03:17 am (UTC)"Look, me taking trips to other planets or a Nexus mission to a hell dimension is no different than you going to England on family business or going on a dig. I'm not leaving, leaving. I'm coming back. I know you think you're somehow too damaged to be in a relationship with, or like you have too much baggage, but that's just stupid. You don't have too much baggage. Everyone has baggage. And your wife could've left anytime. From what I've heard, she was mean and she didn't deserve you or Liz. Her... her death was because she was reckless, not because she wanted to get away. Don't think that I'm trying to get away from you. Okay? That's not what this is. I just have to make sure you know that. And that I'm not giving up on us."
no subject
Date: 2018-06-28 09:05 am (UTC)“She would tell me that she wanted more in life, that she never wanted to be a wife or a mother... and that we were married because she owed me for saving her life” Alex revealed “That is why I cannot let myself get that involved again. That is why I’m trying to let you go. No one should hold back because of me, or stay because they feel obligated.
No one should be with anyone out of obligation, or if they don’t want to be.
I want to be with you because you’re funny, and interesting. You’re talented and your work ethic is amazing. You have a big heart, and inspire others to do good. You’re beautiful.
Perhaps you are correct, but... I will try to see it as part of normal life. It will take some adjustment on my part. Please don’t worry about me finding someone. My family would take care of that, if they knew I was on the market. “.
Alex still had a little sadness behind his eyes, but he seemed like he was okay othersise.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-28 09:42 pm (UTC)She's not sure what to say about all those compliments though. "I'm not that good of a person," she half-mutters. "You're a better person than I am. You deserve people who love you and care about you. You're the most generous person I know, and people should give something back to you for a change."
no subject
Date: 2018-06-30 08:52 am (UTC)“Let’s go see a film after your first trip” Alex suggests. “Perhaps dinner. We have a lot of fun hanging out together”
He gives Mia a sad sort of smile.
“My opinion of you is that you are. I have people who love and care. Everything is going to go fine with me.”
no subject
Date: 2018-06-30 09:33 pm (UTC)"I'm not supposed to be that good of a person, and I'm more selfish than I think you realize." She bites her lip, looking torn. "Can I hug you?" she asks haltingly. He had just pulled away a minute ago.
no subject
Date: 2018-07-03 03:05 am (UTC)He was quiet for a long moment “I appreciate that you came here and spoke to me about this. I’m so sorry that you’re unhappy, but it will pass”
no subject
Date: 2018-07-03 03:13 am (UTC)"Alex, I'm doing pretty okay. The only thing I'm not happy about is that you're not happy."
no subject
Date: 2018-07-03 03:20 am (UTC)“Don’t worry about my happiness, Mia. It’s my responsibility. I’ll throw a party and everything will be fine. “ He was pushing her away. Alex just wanted to get far, far away and process everything.
no subject
Date: 2018-07-03 03:24 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-07-03 03:27 am (UTC)“Just give me time to shower” Alex said, without thinking. “Unless you need to cancel. My plans involve my game, at the moment”
no subject
Date: 2018-07-03 03:31 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-07-03 03:35 am (UTC)“I offered the game earlier” he said “It still stands, even if we discussed something unpleasant”
no subject
Date: 2018-07-03 03:44 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-07-03 04:04 am (UTC)Alex waved, and hurried away, faster than normal. He left the beer and his phone on the counter.